Contracts and Procurement Department regularly solicits bids and proposals for construction design, equipment pre-purchase, installation and consulting services. Supporting the Agency’s Construction Management Department in its commitment to constructing state of the art facilities and infrastructure to meet the dynamic and growing water importation, recycled water demand, wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal needs of the Agency’s service area with well-managed and cost-effective solutions is an ongoing effort. Opportunities for bid and proposal participation are regularly posted and on our website at www.IEUA.org under Work With Us with IEUA.
Engineering and Construction Management
Department Mission: The Inland Empire Utilities Agency’s (IEUA) Engineering and Construction Management Department’s mission is to provide project management services to oversee construction of water, wastewater, and energy projects that implement the IEUA’s Capital Improvement Program. Management, inspection, and construction of the project design integrate the latest, most cost-effective technology into the IEUA service area. The department is committed to constructing state of the art facilities and infrastructure to meet the dynamic and growing water importation, recycled water demand, wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal needs of IEUA’s service area with well-managed and cost-effective solutions.
The ongoing participation of contractors makes this possible. IEUA regularly solicits bids and proposals for construction design, equipment pre-purchase, installation, and consulting services. IEUA’s Engineering and Construction Management’s current Ten-Year Capital Improvement Program Budget is approximately $800 million.
Pre-Qualification and How to Bid: IEUA utilizes a prequalification process for bidding all public works projects. Notification regarding when IEUA will be seeking a list of prequalified contractors will be sent to contractors registered with PlanetBids. Registration for PlanetBids is quick, easy and no cost to the contractor. All IEUA bid opportunities are listed on PlanetBids. PlanetBids allows vendors easy online access to Bids, Request for Proposals (RFPs), and Request for Quotes (RFQs).
- Consultants are solicited through a Master Contract. Consultants on the list are willing to provide the services on an on-call basis and/or by issuance of project-specific task orders for work that falls within the contract term. The awarded master contracts will generally be task-order based. As the need for services arise, the firms that received master contracts in conjunction with this solicitation activity will be requested to submit specific proposals. Consultants can stay on the list up to five years.
- On Call Master Contracts are solicited every five years.
- Engineering designs are solicited through RFPs on a project-by-project basis either through an advertisement sent through PlanetBids or to the list of consultants currently on IEUA’s master design service contact list.
Pre-qualification for projects valued under 2 Million
- Projects are solicited through a pool of prequalified contractors. Contractors can be added on a bi-annual basis (odd year) by submitting a prequalification package. Notification regarding when IEUA will be seeking a list of prequalified contractors will be sent to contractors who are registered through PlanetBids.
- The next solicitation for prequalification will be Winter 2021.
Pre-qualification for projects valued over 2 Million
- Projects are solicited on individual project basis. RFQs are individually prepared and released by the project manager approximately 90 days prior to release of the bid. If approved, the contractor will be qualified as a bidder for the specified project only.
- Prime Contractors may be shortlisted with typically five to seven contractors selected to submit bids.
Bid Opportunities for Subcontractors and Others
- Jerry Burke, P.E., Manager of Engineering: 909-993-1548