Interested in a Career with IEUA?
All applicants interested in employment with IEUA must complete and submit an Agency Employment Application form online to be considered in the recruitment process. For detailed information on how to create an account and complete an employment application online, please refer to the ‘Applicant Login’ section and click on the Online Employment Application Guide link.
Applications will be reviewed and based on the information provided, the candidates matching the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Each selection process may be different depending on the type of job for which you are applying. Usually, our process will consist of one or more of the following: written test; performance/practical or agility examination; oral interviews; and background check if selected for the position.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) has comprehensive Classification and Compensation programs. IEUA’s pay philosophy is to attract and retain employees by offering competitive salaries.
Applying for a Job
Applications must be received by the Human Resources Department no later than 5:00 P.M. on the closing date posted on each job posting. If no filing deadline is shown, applications will be accepted until a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.
While completing your employment application, focus on information such as education, training and/or experience that is specifically applicable to the job for which you are applying. Be as thorough as possible when providing dates of employment and job duties as the information is critical in determining qualifying experience. You are encouraged to keep a copy of the application submitted for reference.
- A complete application packet includes: an accurate, detailed and complete application form.
- Resumes may be attached with applications, but a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for a completed Agency employment application. It is important that you do not indicate “refer to resume”, “see attached resume” or other similar language in lieu of fully providing the information requested on the employment application.
- If a supplemental questionnaire is required as part of the application packet, you must complete and submit it with your application for consideration in the recruitment process.
- Your complete application packet must be returned to our office on or before the filing deadline date and time.
- Late applications, facsimiles, copies, scanned documents and/or email submissions will not be accepted.
- Once you have submitted your application packet, please be sure to update your profile if there are any changes in personal information such as your email address and/or phone number.
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Misrepresentation or falsification of information on an application or any related document is grounds for disqualification and/or termination of employment. The Agency reserves the right to investigate the accuracy of any information submitted. This may involve contacting educational institutions, former employers, and law enforcement agencies.
Disability Accommodations: Any applicant requiring reasonable accommodation during the selection process due to a qualified disability must inform the Human Resources Office at (909) 993-1674 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of the need for accommodation.
Eligibility List: If deemed acceptable to the hiring department an applicant’s name may be placed on an eligibility list for future consideration. As vacancies occur, positions for Agency departments are filled from the appropriate eligibility lists. Eligibility lists are valid for six months or until exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Inland Empire Utilities Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetics, medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.
After the application period is closed, applications will be reviewed and based on the information provided, the candidates matching the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Each selection process may be different depending on the type of job for which you are applying. Usually, our process will consist of one or more of the following:
- Written Test – Written tests are designed to test general aptitude or specific knowledge of the technical aspects of the job for which you are applying. You may wish to thoroughly review the job announcement to familiarize yourself with the areas, which may be tested.
- Performance/Practical or Agility Examination – Practical examinations are typically given for positions, which require a specialized skill or ability, such as typing proficiency, computer skills or the operation of special equipment. You may or may not be given prior information regarding the content of the exam, depending on the nature of the job for which you are applying
- Oral Interviews – Those applicants who are successful in passing the initial testing and/or screening process will be invited to an oral interview. Oral interviews are typically conducted by a panel of qualified subject matter experts. Please dress in professional attire which is appropriate for the position for which you are applying. We recommend that you research the job thoroughly to determine what knowledge and skills may be evaluated during the interview. Keep in mind that you will be asked to discuss your qualifying background. You may want to prepare by practicing an opening statement regarding your specific education and experience. Try to relax and provide concise but complete responses to the panel’s questions. The interview will last approximately 30 – 60 minutes, depending on the position for which you are applying.
- Following the selection process, the Human Resources Department will notify you, by e-mail, of the status of your application. If you are successful in passing the selection process, your name will be placed on an eligibility list for the current position opening as well as any future positions which may become available for up to six months after the eligibility list was established. Depending on the number of candidates who were successful in being placed on the eligibility list, the hiring department which is attempting to fill the vacant position may elect to conduct a second interview to include some or all of the candidates who are on the eligibility list prior to making a final decision to hire.
- Background/Reference Checks are conducted for all potential employees by a third party. The background/reference checks will verify employment related information to ensure that individuals who join our workforce are well qualified and have a strong potential to be successful in their employment. Background/Reference Checks may be conducted on the top candidates being considered for a position BEFORE any conditional offer of employment is extended. A pre-employment physical examination (which may require a drug screen for safety sensitive positions) will be conducted after a formal offer of employment has been extended. Some positions may require a credit check; credit checks will comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
After the Interview
Approximately two weeks after the interview, you will be notified by e-mail of the results of your interview. Your notification will inform you if you were successful in the process. If you have been successful, your name will be placed on an Employment Eligibility List for the position. The Eligibility List is then sent to the Hiring Department. The Hiring Department may conduct second interviews and hire anyone from the Eligibility List.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provision may be modified or replaced without notice.