Chino, California – The Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) will host the 2014 Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) Water is Life Traveling Student Art Show February 6-13 at the IEUA headquarters located at 6075 Kimball Avenue. The winning posters will be available for public viewing during regular business hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. The exhibit will feature winning posters from IEUA’s service area along with other creative and colorful award-winning student artwork.
Students in grades K-12 throughout the region submitted their water-themed art in school year 2012-2013. The Water is Life student art poster contest encourages students to create artistic posters using water-wise messaging while depicting various water uses. Out of 159 student entries 36 winning posters were selected to be published in the 2014 MWD calendar.
“It is important for students within our community to understand water issues and be able to identify how to use water wisely. This art contest enables students to use their creativity while sending a message relaying the
importance of water,” said Terry Catlin, IEUA Board President.
MWD student winners within IEUA’s service area:
- Osualdo Cruz, eleventh grade, Don Antonio Lugo High School-Chino (IEUA)
- Sharon Lee, sixth grade, Wickman Elementary-Chino Hills (IEUA)
- Jessica Martinez, fourth grade, Howard Cattle Elementary-Chino (IEUA)
- Kitzia Pineda, sixth grade, Kingsley Elementary-Montclair (Monte Vista Water District)
- Isabel Vargas, eighth grade, Lyle Briggs Fundamental School-Ontario (Monte Vista Water District)
- Albert Matute, III, fifth grade, Alta Loma Elementary-Alta Loma (Cucamonga Valley Water District)
- Michael Ojeda, fifth grade, East Heritage Elementary-Fontana (Cucamonga Valley Water District)
The traveling art show can be seen at various water districts throughout Southern California. To view the 2014 Water is Life, download the calendar here.