INLAND EMPIRE, CA – The Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) and LifeStream Blood Bank will be hosting a Blood Drive in Building B of IEUA’s Chino Headquarters located at 6075 Kimball Avenue on Wednesday, March 9, 2022, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Blood donations are essential to helping patients survive surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries, and a single donation benefits three lives.
Donors must be at least 15 years of age, weigh at least 115 pounds and be in good health. For information on parental consent form requirements, visit LifeStream’s website at www.lstream.org. Be sure to drink plenty of water and bring photo identification.
According to LifeStream:
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- Most donated red blood cells must be used within 42 days of collection.
- Platelets are especially needed by cancer patients and must be used within five days of collection. New donations are continuously needed.
- All blood types are needed to help patients; the need for type O negative is especially in demand. Only 7% of U.S. residents have “universal” blood.
- One in four U.S. residents will require transfused blood at least once in their lifetime.
- Less than 10% of the population eligible to donate blood actually does so.
- Every two seconds, someone needs blood.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are strongly encouraged and will receive priority. Please contact Azucena Quinones at email@example.com for questions or to schedule an appointment.