INLAND EMPIRE, CA – The Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) National Prescription Drug Take Back Day will be held Saturday, October 29, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. On this date, facilities throughout the region will open their doors to receive unwanted, unused, and expired prescription medications. No questions asked.
Safely disposing of unused medications helps protect the environment and our water supply by reducing the likelihood of these items being flushed down the toilet or drain. The Inland Empire Utilities Agency encourages its residents to take advantage of this free and anonymous service at a participating location near them.
The following is a partial list of local drop-off locations:
- Walgreens – 12490 Central Avenue, Chino, 91710
- Chino Hills Sheriff Station – 14077 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, 91709
- Vons – 7390 Cherry Ave, Fontana, 92336
- CVS – 4535 Holt Blvd, Montclair, 91763
- Ontario Police Department, Front Lobby – 2500 S. Archibald Avenue, Ontario, 91761
- Rancho Cucamonga Sheriff Station – 10510 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, 91730
- Albertsons – 1910 N. Campus Avenue, Upland, 91784
For more information on available locations during National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, please visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/.
For information on year-round drug disposal locations, please visit https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubdispsearch/spring/main?execution=e1s1.
To learn more about safely disposing of prescription medication, please visit www.dea.gov/takebackday.