INLAND EMPIRE, CA – The Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) National Prescription Drug Take Back Day will be held Saturday, April 22, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. On this date, facilities throughout the region will open their doors to receive unwanted, unused, and expired prescription medications. No questions asked.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency encourages its residents to take advantage of this free and anonymous service at a participating location near them. The following is a partial list of year-round drop-off locations:
- Walgreens – 12490 Central Avenue, Chino, 91710
- Albertsons – 15970 Los Serranos Country Club Drive, Chino Hills, 91709
- Vons – 7390 Cherry Ave, Fontana, 92336
- CVS – 4535 Holt Blvd, Montclair, 91763
- CVS – 2456 Grove Avenue, Ontario, 91761
- Albertsons – 8850 Foothill Boulevard, Rancho Cucamonga, 91730
- Vons – 81 W. Foothill Boulevard, Upland, 91786
For more information on available locations during National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, please visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/.
For information on year-round drug disposal locations, please visit https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubdispsearch/spring/main?execution=e1s1.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency supports the Los Angeles County Sanitation District’s “No Drugs Down the Drain” campaign. The campaign informs California residents about the issues associated with flushing unused, unwanted, and expired medications down the toilet or drain, and provides safe and proper disposal methods. Safely disposing of unused medications helps protect the environment and water supply. To learn more, please visit www.nodrugsdownthedrain.org or www.dea.gov/takebackday.