Inland Empire, California— Saturday, April 27, is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., facilities throughout the region will open their doors to receive unwanted, unused and expired prescription medications. The service is FREE and anonymous. No questions asked.
Following is a partial list of local drop-off locations:
• Chino Police Department, Front Lobby – 5450 Guardian Way, Chino, 91710
• Chino Hills Sheriff Station – 14077 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, 91709
• Fontana Police Department, Outside Front Entrance – 17005 Upland Avenue, Fontana, 92335
• Montclair Police Department, Front Lobby – 4870 Arrow Highway, Montclair, 91763
• Ontario Police Department, Front Lobby – 2500 S. Archibald Avenue, Ontario, 91761
• Rancho Cucamonga Sheriff Station – 10510 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, 91730
• Upland Police Department, Training Room Off Lobby – 1499 W. 13th Street, Upland, 91786
For more information on available locations, please visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/.
For information on year round drug disposal locations, please visit https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubdispsearch/spring/main?execution=e2s1.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency supports the “No Drugs Down the Drain” campaign. The campaign informs California residents about the problems associated with flushing unused, unwanted and expired medications down the toilet or drain. The program provides safe and proper disposal choices. Safely disposing of unused medications helps protect the environment and water supply. To learn more about safely disposing of prescription medication, please visit
www.nodrugsdownthedrain.org or ieuadev.wpengine.com.
Andrea Carruthers, Manager of External Affairs
(909) 993.1935 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency covers 242-square miles, distributes imported water, provides industrial/municipal wastewater collection and treatment services, and other related utility services to more than 875,000 people through its member agencies which include Chino, Chino Hills, Cucamonga Valley Water District, Fontana, Fontana Water Company, Montclair, Monte Vista Water District, Ontario, and Upland.