INLAND EMPIRE, CA –Saturday, October 24, is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., facilities throughout the region will open their doors to receive unwanted, unused and expired prescription medications. The service is FREE and anonymous. No questions asked.
The following is a partial list of local drop-off locations:
- Chino – Police Department, Front Lobby – 5450 Guardian Way, Chino, 91710
- Chino Hills – Sheriff Station, 14077 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, 91709
- Fontana – Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy, First Floor, 19961 Sierra Avenue, Fontana 92335
- Montclair – CVS Pharmacy, 100 Foothill Boulevard, Upland, 91786
- Ontario – Police Department, Front Lobby – 2500 S. Archibald Avenue, Ontario, 91761
- Rancho Cucamonga – CVS, 11428 Kenyon Way, Rancho Cucamonga, 91701
- Upland – CVS Pharmacy, 100 Foothill Boulevard, Upland, 91786
For more information on available locations, please visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/
For information on year round drug disposal locations, please visit https://apps2.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/NTBI/ntbi-pub.pub?_flowExecutionKey=_c23AFC9E0-845B-166D-F605-CC039ABCECB1_k9E7875B5-4BE6-00E7-488D-BFEB369DB661
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency supports the “No Drugs Down the Drain” campaign. The campaign informs California residents about the problems associated with flushing unused, unwanted and expired medications down the toilet or drain. The program provides safe and proper disposal choices. Safely disposing of unused medications helps protect the environment and water supply. To learn more about safely disposing of unused medication, please visit https://www.nodrugsdownthedrain.org/nodrugs/.