FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 18, 2017
Executive Manager of External Affairs
and Policy Development/AGM
IEUA Supports National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
Inland Empire, CA – Saturday, October 28, is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., facilities throughout the region will open their doors to receive unwanted, unused and expired prescription medications. The service is FREE and anonymous.
Following is a partial list of local drop-off locations:
- Chino Police Department, Front Lobby – 5450 Guardian Way, Chino 91710
- Chino Hills Police Station – 14077 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, 91709
- Fontana Police Department – 17005 Upland Avenue, Fontana 92335
- Montclair Police Department, Front Lobby – 4870 Arrow Highway, Montclair, 91763
- Ontario Senior Center – 225 E. “B” Street, Ontario, 91762
- Ontario Police Department – 2500 S. Archibald Avenue, Ontario 91761
- Rancho Cucamonga Sheriff Station – 10510 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, 91730
- Upland Police Department – 1499 W. 13th Street, Upland, 91786
For more information on available locations, please visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency supports the “No Drugs Down the Drain” campaign. The campaign informs California residents about the problems associated with flushing unused, unwanted and expired medications down the toilet or drain. The program provides safe and proper disposal choices. Safely disposing of unused medications helps protect the environment and water supply. To learn more about safely disposing of prescription medication, please visit www.nodrugsdownthedrain.org or www.ieua.org.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency covers 242-square miles, distributes imported water, provides industrial/municipal wastewater collection and treatment services, and other related utility services to more than 875,000 people through its member agencies which include Chino, Chino Hills, Cucamonga Valley Water District, Fontana, Fontana Water Company, Montclair, Monte Vista Water District, Ontario, and Upland.