INLAND EMPIRE, CA –July is Smart Irrigation Month. Founded in 2005 by the Irrigation Association®, Smart Irrigation Month highlights the benefits of efficient irrigation and the importance of water-use efficiency throughout the month of July, which is historically known as the month of peak demand for outdoor water-use. The Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA/Agency) is committed to encouraging wise water use throughout the region, which includes providing ways to irrigate efficiently.
“IEUA recognizes and celebrates Smart Irrigation Month annually. This year, more than ever before, this month serves as a critical opportunity for members of our community to reevaluate their watering systems and exchange them for water-efficient technologies or landscapes,” stated IEUA Board President Steve Elie. “Drought conditions continue to intensify, and the time is now to step it up and be a part of the water-saving solution for the region and the State.”
Outdoor water use can account for 60 percent or more of total household water use. In recognition of Smart Irrigation Month, IEUA and its Customer Agencies will be offering free hose nozzles to residents (while supplies last). Using an automatic shut-off hose nozzle allows you to easily control the flow of water and turn the hose on and off as needed to reduce your water use by approximately five to seven gallons per minute. Most hose nozzles also allow you to adjust the water pressure and directionality so you can use less water while gaining functionality.
Free hose nozzle distribution locations:
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency– 6075 Kimball Avenue, Chino 91708 from 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Thursday during the month of July (IEUA residents only, while supplies last)
- Chino- Chino City Hall- 13200 Central Avenue, Chino 91710 from 7:30 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Friday (one nozzle per resident)
- Chino Hills– Various events throughout August. Please visit chinohills.org for more information
- Montclair– Monte Vista Water District- 10575 Central Avenue, Montclair, CA 91763 from 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday and at various events throughout the month. Please visit mvwd.org for more information
- Ontario– Visit ontarioca.gov for more information
- Upland- City of Upland Public Works Office- 1370 N. Benson Ave. Upland, CA 91786 from 8 AM-6 PM Monday-Thursday
**Please contact your local water provider for specific details and any restrictions that may apply.
“As an environmental steward to the region, IEUA takes pride in its efforts to provide real solutions for the State’s drought conditions while encouraging water conscious actions. We can all make a difference, and every drop of water saved helps pave the way to secure our precious water resources now and for the future,” continued Elie.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency covers 242-square miles, distributes imported water, provides industrial/municipal wastewater collection and treatment services, and other related utility services to people within western San Bernardino County through its customer agencies which include Chino, Chino Hills, Cucamonga Valley Water District, Fontana, Fontana Water Company, Montclair, Monte Vista Water District, Ontario, and Upland. www.ieua.org