FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 18, 2017
Executive Manager of External Affairs
and Policy Development/AGM
Blood Drive at Inland Empire Utilities Agency
Inland Empire, CA – (October 18, 2017) – The Inland Empire Utilities Agency and LifeStream will be hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, October 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at IEUA’s Headquarters located at 6075 Kimball Avenue, Chino (mobile unit will be in front of Building B).
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- Most donated red blood cells must be used within 42 days of collection.
- Platelets are especially needed by cancer patients and must be used within 5 days of collection. New donations are continuously needed.
- All blood types are needed to help patients; the need for type O negative is especially in demand. Only 7% of U.S. residents have “universal” blood.
- 1 in 4 U.S. residents will require transfused blood at least once in their lifetime.
- An estimated 38% of the U.S. Population is eligible to donate, ONLY ABOUT 5% do.
- Every 2 seconds someone needs blood.