Inland Empire Utilities Agency
Blood Drive at Inland Empire Utilities Agency
January 23, 2018
Chino, CA – (January 11, 2018) – The Inland Empire Utilities Agency and LifeStream will be hosting a blood drive on Tuesday, January 23 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at IEUA’s Headquarters located at 6075 Kimball Avenue, Chino (mobile unit will be in front of Building B).
Donors between 15-17 years old must provide a parental consent form. All donors must weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Be sure to drink plenty of water and bring photo identification.
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- Most donated red blood cells must be used within 42 days of collection.
- Platelets are especially needed by cancer patients and must be used within 5 days of collection. New donations are continuously needed.
- All blood types are needed to help patients. The need for type O negative is especially in demand. Only 7% of U.S. residents have “universal” blood.
- 1 in 4 U.S. residents will require transfused blood at least once in their lifetime.
- An estimated 38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate, ONLY ABOUT 5% do.
- Every 2 seconds someone needs blood.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are strongly encouraged and will receive priority. Contact Michelle O’Brien at (909) 993-1741 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
LifeStream is a private, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) comprehensive blood center serving more than 80 medical facilities in southern California. Based on the need for a readily available blood supply, LifeStream was established by the medical societies of San Bernardino and Riverside counties and has been helping to save lives by connecting donors and patients through the gift of blood since June 19, 1951.
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency covers 242-square miles, distributes imported water, provides industrial/municipal wastewater collection and treatment services, and other related utility services to more than 875,000 people through its member agencies which include Chino, Chino Hills, Cucamonga Valley Water District, Fontana, Fontana Water Company, Montclair, Monte Vista Water District, Ontario, and Upland.